The Odds and Sods Tour
Five Day Itinerary
Items in Red are Must Sees.
Items in Blue are Possibles, as time allows.
This tour is collaborative and will include a variety of WWI and WWII places of interest.
*Sample* 5 Day Itinerary
Day One – Behind the Lines, WWI
Depart Lille, France or Poperinge, Belgium – 9 a.m.
- Talbot House and Museum
- Shot at Dawn
Day Two – The Coast
- Operation Dynamo Museum and evacuation beaches WWII
- Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae’s grave and memorial
Lunch in old walled city of Boulogne
Etaples – WWI hospital cemetery
Day Three – Northern France/Southern Flanders
La Coupole – Museum – WWII V2 Rocket manufacture and launch site
Lunch in Mont Cassel
- WWI bunkers
– site of 6th Canadian Field Ambulance WWI
Day Four -WWII Belgium and Bruges
Adegem Canadian War Cemetery
- tour of the old city
- up the bell tower
- canal tour
- The Buffalo Bridge, Manitoba Dragoons WWII
The Last Post, Ypres, BE – 8 p.m.
Day Five – Around the Salient
In Flanders Fields Museum, Ypres
- up to the top of the bell tower
Poelcapelle Old British Cemetery
- De Dodengang (Trench of Death)
Vladlso German Cemetery